Branded Financial Services Pty Ltd, ABN 27 004 013 334 and Australian Credit Licence 392188 (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal and credit information (information).
In handling your credit information, we are bound by, and comply with, the Privacy Act 1988, the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (Code).
We collect information from, and about, you to, as appropriate:
- Respond to your enquiries about our finance products or insurances we can source for you
- Assess your credit application and provide you with the finance you require from us
- Assess the application for finance made by a company of which you are a director
- Assess your application to guarantee the repayment of finance we are considering providing
- Provide customer support
- Promote our finance products
- Manage any complaints.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Manage your account
- Develop new products, policies and procedures
- Undertake market research
- Obtain legal and compliance advice about our obligations
- Meet our regulatory and legal obligations.
The information we collect may include personal identification, contact details, financial information, lending and default history, banking details, personal and trade references and employment or business history, depending on the relationship you wish to have with us. If you choose not to provide this information, our ability to assist you may be restricted.
Wherever possible, we will collect your information directly from you, or from your broker or other introducer, should you wish to apply for finance. We may obtain personal information about you from a third party, such as your accountant or a credit reporting body, for a particular purpose. Wherever possible we will tell you who we need to contact and why.
We may also collect information from you if you choose to use our website to communicate with us. We will collect the information you provide through our interactive facilities, such as customer enquiry, online finance application or comment forms.
In some circumstances, brokers, dealers, accountants, referees, external dispute resolution schemes, your agents and government bodies may provide us with your information. The circumstances in which third parties provide us with information include purchase or service requirements, employment or finance applications, account management and complaints.
We take steps to protect any information we collect so it will be safeguarded from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or modification. We may store or send your data to New Zealand, and we do use cloud computer services. In these circumstances we require security measures to meet Australian privacy standards.
The law may require us to retain your personal information for a period of time after our business dealings have finished. It is securely stored and disposed of, or de-identified, when no longer required.
When you visit our website, our ISP host records a range of information, including your server address, domain name, the date and time of the visit and the pages viewed.
Information collected about your visit to our site is retained for statistical and website development reasons and is not in a form which would enable us to identify you.
When visiting our site, you will not be required to provide us with any personal information unless you request information about our finance or respond to a promotion. If you do, we will ask you to provide contact details along with other information required to respond to your contact with us.
We may also retain that information provided for product planning purposes. It may also be used for direct marketing purposes unless you tell us you do not wish to receive marketing material.
We use your information to provide you with the finance you require, consider your suitability to be a guarantor and perform other functions and activities associated with managing our relationship.
Those functions and activities can include our internal administration, credit assessment, account management, product or service development, compliance audits/reviews, marketing, complaints management, planning and research requirements as well as future offers of finance to you.
Where you, as an individual, apply for finance with us, or agree to act as a guarantor, you authorize how we may collect, use, and disclose your personal and credit information in the Privacy Statement and Consent we ask you to sign before we consider your application for credit or to be a guarantor.
We will disclose your information to third parties only as the Privacy Act permits and where there is a valid reason to do so. All third parties must use your information only for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Third parties may include:
- Employees, contractors, auditors, and advisers
- Credit reporting bodies
- Document issuers and official record holders, and associated third-party systems
- Your agents, including your broker or dealer, where required
- Insurers, insurance brokers and insurance assessors
- Service providers who assist us promote our services and/or to manage our business, including auditors and lawyers
- Debt collection agencies
- Referees, where authorized
- Companies to which we are related
- Government authorities and law enforcement agencies, as required by law only.
We do not sell your personal information to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may also provide your information to, and receive your information from, a credit reporting body (CRB). We may:
- Disclose your information to Equifax, a CRB, for credit assessment or collections purposes
- Use information provided by the CRB for credit assessment or collections purposes, including:
o Your name, address, and date of birth
o Current and previous credit account history
o Repayment history
o Default history
o Any court proceedings – summons, judgement, and Bankruptcy actions
o Serious credit infringements history, covering fraudulently obtaining, or attempting to obtain finance or shown an intention to avoid repayment obligations.
- Provide the CRB with your repayment history
- Notify the CRB of any overdue payments, provided they are more than 60 days overdue, we have attempted to collect the payment and we have notified you of our intention to do so
- Notify the CRB of a serious credit infringement if we have reasonable grounds to believe you fraudulently obtained, or attempted to obtain, credit from us or that you have shown an intention to evade your obligations under the contract with us
o We will only do this if we have not been able to contact you over a 6-month period.
- Ask the CRB to assess your eligibility to receive direct marketing material from us.
Any information shared with, or by, a CRB is held in electronic form, trackable through the CRB or our systems by time, date, account, and user.
You can access the personal and/or credit information we hold about you by contacting us in any of the ways shown in our Contact us section (below).
You can also access the information the CRB holds about you by contacting them for a copy of that information at:
- Mail: Equifax Australia Information Services & Solutions Ltd, GPO Box 964, North Sydney, NSW 2059
- Phone: 13 8332
- Website: https://www.equifax.com.au/contact
Complaints and concerns
If you want to make a complaint you can find our process outlined here.
Please contact us if you have any complaints or queries about how we manage your information. If you no longer wish to receive marketing materials you can contact us by email, phone or mail.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Branded Financial Services, Quad 3, Suite 1.08, Level 1, 102 Bennelong Parkway, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127
- Phone: 1300 549 166